In the Office:
- Super Box: Ask your co-workers and friends to put their extra change in a "SuperBox". Decorate the box or cover it with inspirational quotes or designs and place it near the water cooler or kitchen. You could also translate this idea to your home and encourage your relatives and friends to donate.
- Voicemail: Change your voicemail and answering machine messages to include information about your participation in the Heart Walk and let people know how they can help. Tell your friends, family and colleagues to visit PennMedicine.org/HeartWalk for all the info they need!
- Add a note to your electronic signature: Get in the habit of signing your emails with your name followed by Heart Walk donation information.
- Example: Help me raise money for the American Heart Association (AHA) and its fight against stroke and heart disease! Donate to my team now (link to team page) or visit PennMedicine.org/HeartWalk for more information.
- Email your friends: Email everyone in your contact list and invite them to visit your team page.
- Eagles football party: Host an Eagles football party at your house/apartment. Every time the words "run" or "walk" are said by the announcers, everyone antes up $1 in a pledge bowl.
- Social Media: "Like" Penn Medicine Heart and Vascular on Facebook and keep up to date with ways to help spread the word for the Heart Walk. Creating a conversation about heart disease helps to spread awareness. Use the hashtag #PhillyHeartWalk.
- Game night: Host a game or karaoke night and charge an admission fee of $5 per person. Help your friends and guests to help supply the punch and snacks for the evening. This makes for a fun way to raise money.
- Head out to Doc Magrogan's or Harvest Seasonal Grill and Wine Bar: These restaurants in Center City, Glen Mills, and West Chester are graciously donating 10% of the bill to the American Heart Association when you present this flyer.